Specialties from Normandie

lundi, septembre 24

Fun on the phone

This what happens when you call a doctors office in America:

ring ring...

"Hello, the office of Dr. Smith, how may I help you?"

This is what happens when you call a doctors office in France:

ring ring...

"Hello?"

"Um, er, uhh.... this is the eye doctors office, right?" (And in French, eye doctor is some horribly complicated word like 'Ophtalmogist' that I was desperately hoping to avoid having to repeat in front of a French person).

"Well of course you silly American. French people don't make mistakes while dialing phone numbers, so we don't need to introduce ourselves when answering the phone."

Opps. My bad.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said…

    scince this was your last post and nobody made a comment i thought i would. your a shumck and you crack me up. we (mom) misses u at home, but i miss you (a little) to, u should be as funny at home as u are in your blog. We would have let u stay in usa. p.s. i red al of your bogs an u get th crapy speling frm mom.

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said…

    The same thing happened to me the other day ... except it was with a gynecologist's office ... I was about to say I need to schedule an appointment for a "XXX" but then I realised how embarrassing it would be if I just had some random person on the phone.

     

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home