Specialties from Normandie

dimanche, janvier 22

Just when you thought the worse was over...

... It's really only just beginning. Contrary to popular belief, my last blog was not during my exams. That was only presentations, papers, etc. This entire week will I am in revision, and then next week starts my exams which last two weeks. The first week I have only two days of exams, but as each exams lasts 4 hours, 4+4=8 hours of exams in one day. I would like to know who decided that 4 hour long exams were okay? Because that is insanity.

So that dissertation... yeah, got that back. As we were going over it before she handed them back, I had this sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach as I realize that EVERYTHING she's talking about has absolutely nothing to do with what I wrote. Yeah.... I got a 10. Out of 20. This is just barely passing, but is actually not considered that bad. However the fact that she wrote only negative comments on my paper and told me that what I wrote was definitely not a dissertation made me think that I didn't really deserve that grade. When I asked her about it later she told me that it was obvious that I worked hard on it and that the fact that I am making efforts to improve "my general culture" (?) was courageous. Gee thanks. So anyway, since everyone else in the class did as bad or if not worse than me, she's gonna let us use this grade if our exam grade is worse. So I've already passed one class, six more to go! It's good to know that ALL of my five four-hour exams will be in dissertation form.

Again, I have another fun library story to tell. (Yeah, I know all I talk about is school-sorry.) So as I will soon be in exams, one would think that the ability to take out books from the library would be quite important. Oh, no one cares here. If you are late returning your book, for every day you are late you card is suspended a day. Therefore, I, being 10 days late (opps) cannot rent books for the next week. What kinda crap is that? I couldn't even bride the librarian. And as I have this pesky anger control problem, I was absolutely fuming when she told me I did not have the right to take out books I needed for my exams. I guess this is what you get when you pay only 200 dollars for one year of higher education. You ain't got the right to demand nothin.

On a more positive note, my rad roommates threw me and my roomie Elisa a birthday party last friday. Was a good time and got fun gifts. I haven't had a birthday party for ages, I felt special.
Here's a picture of the girls of 22 Bernières in action.

As well, I have a couple pics from new years eve (as well held chez nous) complete with sparkers and everything.













Tis all for now. Wish me luck! (Or you can just say "shit." In French this is what they say-"merde"- to wish someone good luck. Maybe it works in English too. :)

5 Comments:

  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger MilkJam said…

    we look SO good! :) i stole your pics, but if you have more can you send them to me??? or shanny?

     
  • At 4:51 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said…

    MERDE! um, I'm studying for dialectologie right now: http://parlange.free.fr/pages/parlange.html :)
    Didn't even mention that I came for a visit?! oh wait, that is an entry in itself...
    say hi to Shannon, Aurore, and Elisa for me!
    Cassi

     
  • At 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said…

    Natalie - So these are your roomies huh? It's nice to put a face to a name. Cute girls! (It's nice to see what you look like too.... hehe) Love Ya! Good luck with all those exams. Make your momma proud......

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said…

    Hey there Nat, wondering if I'll ever get to see you again. It looks like your getting on well in France.
    I hope your Birthday was lots of fun... I'm planning a trip to Rome this September, we'll se if we cant make a stop... Justin and I want to do the London-Rome tour.

    Wow... you do talk about school a lot. I only wish I could afford to go back and get my Masters in Art History... would be nice.

    Love and Miss you- Stef

     
  • At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said…

    Hey Nataly !!!
    I just wanted to add something about this particular french tradition before an exam !

    Of course you may say "MERDE" to wish good luck to the person BUT what is the most important thing is that the person receiving this "MERDE" must not say "MERCI" otherwise the person will be UNlucky ;-)

    I know, french people are weird...!

     

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home