Specialties from Normandie

jeudi, octobre 6

subway and starbucks

so yeah...THERE IS A SUBWAY IN CAEN. words cannot explain how excited i am about this. when i first heard i almost fell out of my chair.
the reason this is good is because subway-like sandwiches are a novelty in france. the sandwich stands here have baguettes with a piece of ham and cheese stuck in the middle. so basically, too much bread, no veggies. so yay. next up, starbucks. (yeah, this is me pretending next up is starbucks- every time we walk past a store being remodled i swear its the perfect spot for a starbucks. but maybe this is a good thing bc id spend all of whats left of my little paycheck there.)

2 Comments:

  • At 11:55 PM, Blogger T Chapman Wing said…

    There's really a subway in Caen? Since when!?

    And, don't you think, like McDonald's, that there are enough Starbucks in the world? Especially where France has so many nice little independently-owned cafes? Starbucks would speed up the McDonaldization of France, which is already responsible for the fact that you can go to almost any city in the US, and certainly any midsized (or should I say "Grande"?) town, and feel like you're in every OTHER town in America. Come on, Nat! Don't sell French culture just for a Frappuccino!

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger Natalie said…

    I will have you know that I personally think coffee in France is nasty and if i can have a good latté from starbucks, well why not. I'm sorry if you think I'm selling french culture but I am a coffee snob. I admit it.

     

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home